Jeffrey Smart Exhibition
National Gallery of Australia
From 11 December to April
An exhibition of celebration of Jeffrey Smart's works of art and the legacy that has been kept alive.
Jeffrey Smart is one of Australia’s most celebrated artists of the 20th century.
Seeking inspiration from the world around him, Smart looked to the environment of urban and industrial modernity - which he transformed through his imaginative sense of theatre and an intimate understanding of geometry and composition.
This exhibition will celebrate and commemorate the art of Jeffrey Smart on the centenary of his birth. It will be one of the most comprehensive surveys of Smart's work ever presented in Australia and will feature themes of art about architecture, stillness in the urban world, abstracting from the real, surveillance and the observer.
Jeffrey Smart is exclusive to the National Gallery of Australia in Canberra from December 11.
Accommodation, tickets and EXCLUSIVE PRIORITY ACCESS, packages start from $127 per night.
Experience Jeffrey Smart Exhibition with us, the Official Accommodation Partner, and a package that includes:
- 2 tickets to the exhibition
- 1 night accommodation
- Free WiFi and parking
- EXCLUSIVE PRIORITY ACCESS to the exhibition for Capital Hotel Group guests!
Avenue Hotel Canberra accommodation packages from $195 per night
Avenue Hotel Canberra - where we have thought of everything to make your stay truly memorable.
- eight minute drive to the National Gallery of Australia
- luxury accommodation in the best location in the Canberra CBD
- adjacent to the Braddon dining and shopping precinct with a vast array of cafes, restaurants, and shopping on Lonsdale Street, and a short walk to the vibrant Canberra city centre
- 213 spacious rooms, exquisitely styled hotel rooms, one and two bedroom apartments, and spa suites
Deco Hotel Canberra accommodation packages from $146 per night
Deco Hotel Canberra - make yourself at home at Canberra's newest, modern art deco hotel!
- a nine minute drive to the National Gallery of Australia
- stylish accommodation in the heart of Braddon
- minutes from the Braddon dining and shopping precinct and short walk to the Canberra City Centre
- indulge in one of the exquisite hotel rooms or fully equipped one and two bedrooms
Pavilion on Northbourne accommodation packages from $127 per night
Pavilion on Northbourne
- a 10 minute drive away from the National Gallery of Australia.
- 156 spacious and well appointed hotel rooms, apartments and spa suites overlookings two tropical atriums
- relax and enjoy a dining experience amongst our tropical garden atrium
- walking distance to one of Canberra’s premier retail and dining precincts, Dickson, the perfect spot to grab a bite to eat or wind down