EXPERIENCE THE WONDER OF WORLD IN BLOOM AT AUSTRALIA'S BIGGEST CELEBRATION OF SPRING!
SATURDAY 14 SEPTEMBER - SUNDAY 13 OCTOBER 2019
It's that time of year, where you get to tiptoe through the tulips...well figuratively speaking, of course. Floriade is back and its one million blooms are set to Spring to life!
Enjoy your stay in Canberra with us - we're expecting you. Capital Hotel Group offers hotel rooms, suites and apartment, and provides guests with distinct experiences at Avenue Hotel Canberra, Deco Hotel Canberra and Pavilion on Northbourne. Our properties are centrally located so look no further than the Capital Hotel Group, the only hotel group to stay with when in Canberra!
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE 15% THIS SPRING
WE'RE EXPECTING YOU!
Use the promo code FLORIADE or click on the BOOK NOW links under each hotel to save 15% on your accommodation with us. The rates displayed on the booking page will already have the discount applied.
Why book with us?
All hotels offer:
- FREE secure parking
- FREE WiFi
- Discount full buffet breakfast at $20 when pre-booked.
PAVILION ON NORTHBOURNE
providing the perfect atmosphere for your stay
- Conveniently located on the main road into Canberra, Northbourne Avenue
- Only 8 minutes by car to Commonwealth Park
- MacArthur Avenue Light Rail stop directly out the front of the hotel. Plan your trip using this journey planner. Once you arrive at the city interchange (Alinga Street stop), you have a couple of options to get to Commonwealth Park; you can stretch your legs with a walk, or you can jump on a bus and hop off on Commonwealth Avenue (route numbers 2, 4, 6, 7, 57 and 58 all stop at Floriade from the city).
- A leisurely 12-minute walk to Dickson retail and dining precinct
- Wind down after a day of sightseeing with a drink and a meal in our Atrium Restaurant & Bar, set amongst the plants in our tropical atrium garden
DECO HOTEL CANBERRA
Make yourself at home in Canberra's newest hotel
- Brand new hotel on the doorstep of Braddon, one of Canberra’s ever-changing shopping and foodie precincts with an assortment of boutiques, cafes, bakeries, breweries, restaurants and bars.
- Only 7 minutes by car to Commonwealth Park
- With a choice of two Light Rail stops minutes from the front door of the hotel: MacArthur Avenue or Ipima Street. Plan your trip using this journey planner. Once you arrive at the city interchange (Alinga Street stop), you have a couple of options to get to Commonwealth Park; you can stretch your legs with a walk, or you can jump on a bus and hop off on Commonwealth Avenue (route numbers 2, 4, 6, 7, 57 and 58 all stop at Floriade from the city).
- Finish the day with an Italian influence meal in Restaurant Two14, our stylish onsite restaurant.
AVENUE HOTEL CANBERRA
Where we have thought of everything to make your stay truly memorable
- Only 6 minutes by car to Commonwealth Park
- If you feel like taking advantage of the beautiful Spring weather, you can walk to Floriade in approximately 20 minutes from the hotel
- Or you can plan your trip using this journey planner. From Alinga Street bus stop you can jump on a bus and hop off on Commonwealth Avenue (route numbers 2, 4, 6, 7, 57 and 58 all stop at Floriade from the city). Alternatively, Transport Canberra provides regular services on weekdays and weekends
- Indulge yourself at our award-winning restaurant, Marble & Grain, a European Steakhouse with a paddock-to-plate philosophy, the place to find a great steak!
- The hotel is adjacent to the Braddon dining and shopping precinct with a vast array of cafes, restaurants, and shopping on Lonsdale Street, and a short walk to the vibrant Canberra city centre.
THE FLORIADE FACTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS YEAR’S FLORIADE!
Dates and Location
Saturday 14 September - Sunday 13 October 2019
Commonwealth Park, Canberra ACT
Daily from 9.30am - 5.30pm, weather permitting. Last entry to the event is 30 minutes before closing.
Free to enter.
Costs associated with workshops and tours. See Program for more detail.
Parking is available at a number of public car parks within close proximity to Floriade, including;
- Public car parks off Constitution Avenue
- Public car parks off London Circuit
- Public car parks off Coranderrk, Ballumbir and Cooyong Streets
- Limited car parks at Acton Park off Commonwealth Avenue
Use this handy journey planner to map out the best option for you.
Floriade is celebrating its 32nd year with the theme of World in Bloom.
With vibrant flowers representing all corners of the world, there are designs from across Oceania, America, Asia, Europe and Africa, portraying an aspect of a country’s or region’s cultural history, religion or art.
Tip: Look for the World in Bloom Hands flowerbed, behind Stage 88, which is a stunning pattern of open, waving hands to demonstrate our international connectedness.
There is lots to do on this year’s program, with a mixture of free and paid events or workshops.
Check out the Floriade Program to plan your day.
NIGHTFEST - THE FACTS!
Dates and Location
NightFest is open daily from 3 October to 6 October 2019
Commonwealth Park, Canberra ACT
6.30pm – 10.30pm, weather permitting.
Tickets are available from Ticketek and start at $31.95 per person.
Dabble in Floriade’s dark side when NightFest comes to life when the sun goes down. Lighting up the night you can experience Floriade as it is transformed into an illuminated playground.
FLORIADE AND NIGHTFEST GALLERY